Managed Accounting Department
Full-time or Remote
At the bleeding edge of our offerings is our manage
Our tax accountants make up the core of our tax preparation staff. This team is primarily responsible for the completion of federal & state individual, business, exempt & fiduciary tax returns. Tax accountants work closely with senior tax staff to ensure the accurate completion of workpapers and returns. Brenner provides staff with industry-leading tax preparation & research software to ensure you have all the necessary tools at your disposal, and are able to keep up with the changing tax law.
- Prepare income tax returns from end-to-end, proactively requesting additional information and researching tax matters when necessary.
- Work with tax review staff to make continued improvements upon areas of weakness.
- Build upon your technical tax knowledge, and develop specific expertise as needed.
- Develop internal relationships to foster a culture of collaboration.
- Provide exceptional client service when called upon.
- 5 years of tax write-up experience.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Able to manage priorities when simultaneously managing several projects.
- Able to clearly & concisely summarize potential hazards and incomplete information during the tax preparation process.
- Familiar with modern accounting tools such as Quickbooks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to work overtime during tax season as needed.
- 7+ years of tax write-up experience.
- Experience in a paperless work environment.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat, or a similar PDF manipulation software.
- Familiar with cloud-based accounting programs.
- Familiar with Lacerte tax preparation software.
- Familiar with CCH Engagement, and the Engagement Trial Balance utility.
- Experience working directly with clients, requesting additional information, and providing client support.