Senior Tax Accountant
Our senior tax accountants oversee the review & completion of federal & state individual, business, exempt & fiduciary tax returns. In addition to providing expert technical support, senior staff plays a vital role in the development of junior tax staff. Senior staff members are given significant flexibility to manage their own clients, and are considered first-in-line for partner track.
Brenner provides all of our tax staff with industry-leading tax preparation & research software to ensure you have the necessary tools at your disposal, and are able to keep up with the changing tax law.
- Review income tax returns, efficiently identifying potential issues.
- Support junior staff members by providing constructive feedback, and suggested areas for improvement.
- Prepare multiple-scenario tax projections, and clearly present them to clients.
- Manage client relationships, working directly with the partners to ensure all client needs are met.
- Continue building upon your technical tax knowledge, and develop specific expertise as needed.
- Develop internal relationships to foster a culture of collaboration.
- Provide exceptional client service when called upon.
- 7+ years of tax write-up and/or review experience.
- 5+ years managing client relationships.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Able to manage priorities when simultaneously managing several projects.
- Experience in a paperless work environment.
- Able to work overtime during tax season as needed.
- 10+ years of tax write-up and/or review experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat, or a similar PDF manipulation software.
- Familiar with Lacerte tax preparation software.
- Familiar with CCH Engagement, and the Engagement Trial Balance utility.