Our tax accountants make up the core of our tax preparation staff. This team is primarily responsible for the completion of federal & state individual, business, exempt & fiduciary tax returns. Tax accountants work closely with senior tax staff to ensure the accurate completion of workpapers and returns. Brenner provides staff with industry-leading tax preparation & research software to ensure you have all the necessary tools at your disposal, and are able to keep up with the changing tax law.
- Prepare income tax returns from end-to-end, proactively requesting additional information and researching tax matters when necessary.
- Work with tax review staff to make continued improvements upon areas of weakness.
- Build upon your technical tax knowledge, and develop specific expertise as needed.
- Develop internal relationships to foster a culture of collaboration.
- Provide exceptional client service when called upon.
- 5 years of tax write-up experience.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Able to manage priorities when simultaneously managing several projects.
- Able to clearly & concisely summarize potential hazards and incomplete information during the tax preparation process.
- Familiar with modern accounting tools such as Quickbooks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to work overtime during tax season as needed.
- 7+ years of tax write-up experience.
- Experience in a paperless work environment.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat, or a similar PDF manipulation software.
- Familiar with cloud-based accounting programs.
- Familiar with Lacerte tax preparation software.
- Familiar with CCH Engagement, and the Engagement Trial Balance utility.
- Experience working directly with clients, requesting additional information, and providing client support.